Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Thank you for the Birthday wishes!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Astrid drew me a picture of a horse. Sigrid colored me a picture and wrapped up a seashell out of her room in notebook paper to give to me. Ingrid made me a birthday cake out of paper, gave me one of her necklaces, all of her pennies, and wrapped up one of her toys for me. They also made me cupcakes. I sat at the kitchen table giving directions and stayed out of the way. They did all the making. All in all it was a wonderful day and I am wonderfully blessed.

I read a fiction book last night called the Last Sin Eater. I did not know about this custom that was brought over by the Welsh and Scotts. Some unlucky soul would be chosen to be the Sin Eater and when someone died would come to the body and take all the sins upon himself and burn in Hell for all the sins he carried. It was very interesting and has made me want to read more about it. I am glad I know that only one can bear my sins. And I am so thankful He did. The greatest gift of all.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Covered by the blood.

Love you, Momma

Sister--Helen said...

and everyone is back in school