Saturday, May 20, 2006

This week

Well just 4 more work days till summer vacation. I can't wait. Astrid has 2 more days til she is a Kindergarten graduate. My girls are growing up fast. Eric has 8 more work days. I have lots of projects and ideas conjured up in my head for summer but only a few will actually be realized. We are taking the girls to the beach for the first time this summer. Ingrid has big plans for frequently staying with Auntie Erin and going to the Froggie pool in Harrison. Eric and Astrid have plans for camping and canoeing. Hopefully they will want to go to the Buffalo alot and Ingrid, Sigrid and I can stay with Auntie at night instead of staying in the tent.

Eric's birthday is on the 29th. He will be 38. I will probably let him by his own gift. He will want a cheesecake or a red velvet cake for his birthday. I bet I make him both. I hope he has a wonderful day. Last year his mother called him on June 28th to wish him a happy birthday.....he had to argue and argue with her to get her to realize she was one month late and she didn't even get the date right.....I can't imagine not remembering one of my children's birthdates. Not everyone is blessed with the love we have all enjoyed our whole lives through. Some mothers put themselves and their wants first.

6 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

We reap what we sow …she is to be pitied.

Galla Creek said...

Dear Sisters, I am amazed when I
read what we post. I think we should start a help column in
the newspaper. Or a radio show like
that woman who tells folks to get
real when they tell their stories.

Love you all. Can't wait to see Ingrid the fishy this afternoon.

Sister--Fleta said...

Speaking of helping, if Eric want to float the Buffalo, we have good canoe that only gets wet when it rains... Rates are reasonable.

Sister--Fleta said...

I Indian. No speakey good inglish.

patsy said...

i always remember my kids birthday. course year before last i call kelly and wished him a happy birthday on jan. 4!

Erin said...

i hope eric has a good birthday. he sure is a good husband and dad. you are a lucky girl. it's hard to believe he's 38. i wonder what i'll be doing at 38 ??