Thursday, August 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Aunt Helen!!!

Happy birhtday to my aunt Helen. Her birthday is tomorrow but I will not get up early enough to get this on my blog before having to go to work so I will put it up tonight. I have always loved aunt Helen so. I was always envious of her children...she understood fashion, brand name clothes, hairstyles where as my mom did not. As an adult I realize of how little importance that is but to my young eyes She was so cool!!! and still is....I remember anytime we went to silver dollar city or dog patch Helen is who took us(just not my mom and dad's cup of tea). She was so crafty also...my christmas tree each year is covered with ornaments she painted...one year she sent me some to paint and instructed me on how to do it. I tried to paint my Santa exactly like the one she had painted for us. She made wonderful homemade suckers for each holiday and mailed them to all her neices and nephews. I always know exactly how old Helen is because she is 20 years older than me.....She is a jewel and I wish her a Happy day!!!I love you!

6 comments:

Aldo Valarezo Sánchez said...

I think is very happy to remember a family,s memeber who love all people. When I is young always need someone help to running in our life. Congratulation You write with feeling.

Aldo Valarezo
From Ecuador

Sister--Helen said...

My girls always thought you had the best clothes! Remember your rabbit coat...Kris wore that till all of the hair fell out. mackenzie is just like her, she would love to have one....A few years ago we were at Ross, Kenzie must have been 5. We saw a sweater vest with knitted sleeves and the front and back was rabbit pelts. Mackenzie said' "Granny that is you, you've to but it!" That was the same day she wanted me to buy black plastic thigh boots! I resisted buying either.

Erin said...

helen, she's just trying to butter you up for more presents!!!!

patsy said...

happy birthday sunshie girl.

Annie said...

Happy Birthday, Sunshine! Today is all about you.

Sister--Helen said...

Today is your Birthday.... Happy Birthday to you!