Sunday, December 20, 2009

For Scrapbook Diehard

Raspberry-Cream Coffee Cake

3 oz cream cheese
4 tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups biscuit mix
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup raspberry preserves (or whatever flavor you like...I have also used strawberry)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tbsp of milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cut cream cheese and butter into biscuit mix til crumbly. Blend in the 1/3 cup of milk. Turn onto floured surface: knead 8 to 10 strokes. On wax paper, roll dough to 12x8 inch rectangle. Turn onto greased baking sheet: remove paper. Spread preserves down center of dough. Make 2 1/2 inch cuts at 1 inch intervals on long sides of the dough. Fold strips over the filling. Bake in 425 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Combine sugar, remaining milk and vanilla: drizzle on top.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I don't think I have tried this. Maybe you are making it Christmas?

Sister--Helen said...

Oh Laura this was that great thing you made when I came down to see you...I might try this but I am very lazy right now....It seems like it would be less trouble to drive the 12 hours to your house to get a piece...

Kristina said...

Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!!

I was just today thinking about what I was going to do for Christmas breakfast. I make the family have set down breakfast before we open gifts. The first year I made a big breakfast: pancakes, hashbrowns, eggs, burritos, potatoes, french toast. It was a lot of trouble and I had to get up 1 1/2 hours before everyone, then no one wanted to eat much. THey took a couple bites and said were done. I decided last year I wanted to still do breakfast but more buffet/finger food style that I could make up the night or day before and still get some sleep.

Everyone likes the sausage and cream cheese crescent rolls but this was not going to be enough for 7. This addition will be perfect.
Thanks!