Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For Aunt Helen

Well Aunt Helen Eric had to take food to work today. So that means I had to cook. I made cinnamon rings last night and baked and frosted them this morning so they were nice and warm. Reportedly as soon as the plate hit the table they were gone. I have had several emails about how yummy they were and several emails from sadden individuals who were not there fast enough. Someone had the wise idea my mother taught me to make them.

Something else I learned from Helen "how to be a good kiss a**". SO I made another one and took it to the Special Education Office. This is where my boss is and where the state monitors are right now monitoring Russellville's Special Ed paperwork. I don't think there will be many mistakes found in my paperwork.

Love you Aunt Helen. I took pics of them also but can't upload them from work. I will upload them tonight so Helen can see how good I did.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sister H...one teacher said...did you teach your daughter to make cinnamon rolls...I promptly said "no".

Erin said...

I'm going to try and make these one day. The folks that Greg works with thinks my chocolate chip cookies are the best. I think they are a lot easier to make than cinnamon rings. Will you teach me to make the cinn ring sometime you are here ? I need lessons and can't afford to fly to AZ

Anonymous said...

Erin, bread and cinnamon are the easiest things to make...It does take a few hours but it is almost all sitting time...I really like that...It's like 15 minutes to get all of the things out and stir it up since you have a great mixer like mine...then you sit and rest for an hour or two...then punch it down. 5 seconds....then sit and wait another hour or two.....then roll it out add the butter, sugar and cinnamon..takes bbout another 10 minutes...then you sit and wait again...maybe 30 minutes plus....cook it for about 20 -25 minutes ....sitting while it cooks then when it is done put out on a plate...walla... and if you use foil to cover the baking pan there is very little clean up...

Unlike cookies...it takes me over 15 minutes to stir them up and then I have to put them on a cookie sheet and bake the 8 minutes or so....no time to sit you almost have to stand by the stove....then remove them from the cookie sheet after they have cooled for like 2 minutes....still not enough time to sit...then put more on the cookie sheet and it all starts over again...When I bake cookies I may have to stand in the kitchen a whole hour or more and sometimes I still let them get to done...Cookies are the least thing I like to make...h

patsy said...

Merry Christmas. esp. siggy.