Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stress Reliever

What a week...I had to take part in terminating someone this week. Even though it was warrented...I feel awful and have worried night and day about it. The same day as I was trying to leave work one of the children I work with's mother and grandfather got in to a custody fight on the front lawn and police cars swarmed the building. Parents today are all caught up in their own wants and feelings rather than what is best for their children. What a selfish world we live in......me,me,me,me and more me. How blessed I am to have a wonderful family and a place to share our memories and stories.

My favorite memories of Grandpa involve me, him, and Aunt Debbie in the little Datsun. Anytime we went to town Grandpa would have the window down and one arm hanging on the door. Just when Debbie and I thought we would make it back to the house without any excitement. Grandpa would open his door while driving down the red dirt road and begin to yell "I am falling out Debbie grab the wheel you're gonna have to drive." Debbie would start screamming and I believe some obscenities were involved. Grandpa never grew tired of this trick.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Grandpa loved to get Debbie
going. She was his sunshine!

You are mine!

Sister--Fleta said...

Well girl, I am an old woman with only myself and my husband to look after and he mostly takes care of himself and can't find much time for this bloggidy blog. If I had 3 kids a husband and a job, I wouldn't be able to find time to write a grocery list. You could send Patsy your login and then she could use your blog to debate with herself.

patsy said...

debbie was alway a joy !The last few years she lived i would watch her and daddy when they were driving in town and i do mean they because daddy got to the place that he should not have been driving and debbie helped him watch the traffic.believe it or not.

Sister--Helen said...

One day after I was married I took Debby into the grocery store there in town.....She was walking slow and I was trying to get her to hurry....I was never harsh with her but I was saying..'Come on Deb, hurry up' several times. Finally she had had it and said, "Shut up S**** H***." You know how sometimes she was hard to understand, well, this was said loud and plain. Anyone could understand what she had said. After that I shut up!