Sunday, April 09, 2006

A week with the Christensen's

What a week. Astrid turned six. It doesn't seem possible and makes me feel so much older to say I have a six year old. All she wanted was toy horses and she got plenty of those. Eleven to be exact, plus a book on wild horses and a toy bull named Hammer and several new outfits.

Somehow when Pop picked her up on Thursday from school they had time to drive to Clarksville and buy her birthday present and still make it home before me. The last time he picked her up, he had time to drive her to Morrilton to play at the city park. On Friday while visiting her Kindergarten class, I asked Miss Culp if Pop was making a habit of picking her up from school early. Miss Culp smiled and said "No Ma'am." I think Pop is paying Miss Culp. I can't believe a teacher would cover up for Grandpa.

Ingrid has been suffering lately. It is pretty bad. She is not getting enough attention. In the last week both of her sisters have had birthdays and gotten lots of attention. Ingrid loves to be the center and will go to great links to get noticed. Some of her stunts this week include....a splinter in her kneee(looked like black mark from a magic marker to me), "her tongue keeps getting in the way of her teeth and she doesn't know why but it hurts", waking up in the middle of the night, every pair of shoes she owns has given her "blisters" this week, she was unable to dress herself this week.....the list goes on and on. During Astrid's party she was so fed up with not being the center that she went upstairs and turned on the TV. Her daddy even let her go to work with him one day....I believe she got to spend part of that day with Gigi too. Hopefully this week will be better for her.

6 comments:

Erin said...

you tell ingrid that her most favorite aunt is probably going to come see her this week. i might bring her something. i dont want her to feel left out.

Galla Creek said...

Poor little Ingy!

Sister--Helen said...

The middle child has it rough...I guess with 8 of us we did not have a middle child. Maybe it would be a toss up between Betty and Fleta. We all know which one of those acts like a middle child.
I had to go back to Betty's site to see for sure which one Ingrid was. I don't know how I forgot the boot girl!

patsy said...

ingy will be ok. her aunt will make her feel better.

Galla Creek said...

Well, we all know I am
the middle child. I have
all the characteristics.
I am it.

Laura, here is the site
for the picture program.
It is really good. Try
it. Have Eric download it
for you. If you want to
post a picture you just
click on it and tell it to
blog it. It is very very
easy to use.

Here is the site. Aunt Helen
shared it with me. Erin likes
it too, Helen, she has downloaded
it!
http://picasa.google.com/download/index.html

Sister--Helen said...

It is the best program it makes it look like even I can take a good picture....