Friday, June 23, 2006

Fleta told me to

4 Jobs I have had
My first job I worked at Wal-mart....first as a cashier, then in health and beauty aids, and then in womens clothing....my mother encouraged me to apply for this job...she new she would get a discount.
While I worked at Wal-mart I would also volunteer at the hospital....they voted me volunteer of the year and as soon as I graduated high school they gave me a job. I didn't work in a typical volunteer job. I worked in the Human Resources department and therefore had access to all employee records. It was then that I decided I wanted to work in the health feild. I knew how much everyone in that hospital made. The job they gave me when I graduated was as the receptionist for the Cancer center. I worked for one fabulous doctor and one bitty. I worked 30-36 hours a week and went to college full time.
To have a good medical career and because I got married I transfered schools. While a the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville I did many jobs, I worked in the registrars job as work study. I took care of an 80 year old man with cancer... I cooked, cleaned and took care of his garden, I was a graduate assistant to one of the professors in the Speech department, I babysit one of my professors little boy and in turn she took care of me when I needed it and allowed me to sleep at her house many nights.
After graduating with my Masters degree in Communication disorders I am a speech-langauge pathologist. I have worked in nursing homes, at Carroll Regional Medical Center, and for several Carroll County public schools. I Now am the Director of the Speech Department for and intergrated preschool where I work with 0-5 year olds and mentally disabled adults in their work environment. I am blessed with my job.

3 movies I like
Like my aunts I don't watch lots of movies but three I have watched and like are
Gone With the Wind
Love Story
To Kill a Mockingbird

3 TV shows I watch I try to limit my TV watching.... but some shows I indulge in occassionally
What Not to Wear
Paula Deen----I love her!!!
Grey's Anatomy

4 Foods I love....this will be hard to limit to 4
Homegrown watermelon
Bacon,Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and mayonnaise on toasted bread
Fried squash
fresh green beans, with new potatoes and bacon grease
Homemade desserts

4 places I have lived
Pottsville, Ar
Fayetteville, AR
Mt. Vernon Tx
Green Forest, AR

4 websites I visit daily

Blogs....that is it

4 vacations
Skiing in Breckridge, Co
Corpus Cristi, Tx
San Antonio, Tx
Oregon
Mesa, Az
Panama City, Fl
New Orleans, LA

4 friends
My sister, My husband, My parents

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

We are family. One generation removed but still really just
a ditto of things reported
before.

I wonder what Grandma Powell
would have said?

I wonder what Grandpa Powell
would have said?

I wonder what the Aunts would
have said?

patsy said...

well you have done the meme to, they wanted me to tag 4 people and i wouldn't but guess i got more than 4 with out taging them.

Sister--Helen said...

OK who is Paula Deen??? yes Pat sic Fleta on everyone...